This document is built to give necessary details of setting up the TRaX simulator for Windows. The instruction can be found at https://code.google.com/p/simtrax/wiki/Building, but additional details are are eliminated which may cause a lot errors. Here I will color these details in red:
We have tested the compilation with Visual Studio 2010. It may be possible to use a different compiler when using CMAKE.
1. CMAKE – download from http://www.cmake.org/cmake/resources/software.html
Make sure you’ve downloaded the minimum required version of the built program, or you’ll have to re-download the required version. My suggestion is to download the latest version.
2. Python – required to link final bytecode to be used within simtrax.
DO NOT download Python 3/3+, because the llvm-build tool does not support Python 3.
Add the path of Python to system variables.
3. ImageMagick – required for image output at the end of execution (more specifically convert). download from http://www.imagemagick.org/script/binary-releases.php#windows
4. LLVM 3.1 – included within as simtrax/llvm_trax/llvm-3.1.tar.gz. Please note that pre-package version has been modified from what’s available online.
5. Clang – download the pre-compiled Windows version (which comes with the LLVM 3.1 distribution) from http://llvm.org/releases/download.html. Please make sure to use the correct version!
6. Pthreads for Windows – pre-compiled library is available at ftp://sourceware.org/pub/pthreads-win32/pthreads-w32-2-9-1-release.zip
7. We assume Visual Studio 2010, which was tested, but other compilers may work just as well.